Many Parts, One Body
Building Project Update – Design Programming Kick-off! May 28, 2017
While the capital campaign for the church addition project is still underway, we have recently started the first steps of the design process for our building addition. We have done so because of a desire to be on a schedule to start construction in spring ’18. Plunkett Raysich Architects was selected as our project architect and CD Smith Construction as our construction manager following a rigorous proposal and interview process last fall. More recently we have initiated the process of reaffirming our space needs in the programming phase gaining input using questionnaires completed by many ministries and also with small group interviews. The programming, schematic design and design development will continue through the summer and into the early fall. Please pray for the success of our capital campaign and guidance from the Holy Spirit about your personal support of it with your time, talent and treasure.
Our Capital Campaign Kick-Off Event on September 18, 2016 was a huge success, and very well attended. What a great way to celebrate the beginning of this exciting new chapter in the life of our parish! Over 400 St. Gabriel Parish members attended and received the good news that our St. Gabriel Parish's "Many Parts One Body" Capital Campaign received a $1,000,000 matching grant!
Click here to see Photos of our Campaign Kick-Off Event
We received a letter of Affirmation from Archbishop Listecki affirming and encouraging our efforts and campaign. Read this letter and letters from our campaign team below:
We are faithfully moving forward with our "Many Parts One Body" Capital Campaign to build one central campus, advancing the mission of our parish community. We intend to build a facility to unite the many parts of the body that is St. Gabriel Parish on one central campus. This will include our Catholic Formation programs from early childhood through adult formation, as well as our current and future community programs which include our seniors, funeral ministry, youth programs and additional adult formation opportunities.
Our day and night schematics have been very favorably received. Our plans meet the needs of our community without over extending our financial ability. Our plans will help us provide community opportunities and parish ownership to all our members.
When will this happen? We need to raise 50% of the project cost to begin construction. Based on current information and forecasts, we believe . . . God willing . . . we will begin construction in late fall of 2017 with completion in late summer of 2018!
Of course, this all depends on the success of our Capital Campaign. Please pray for the success of our Capital Campaign and the future of St. Gabriel Parish.
Committee Meeting Minutes
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 2-17-15
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 5-6-15
- Phase II Bulletin Article 9-15-15
- Phase II Bulletin Article 9-22-15
- Phase II Bulletin Article 9-29-15
- Phase II Bulletin Article 10-4-15
- Phase II Bulletin Article 10-11-15 FAQ
- Phase II Bulletin Article 10-18-15 Becoming What We Believe and Profess
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 10-26-15
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 11-9-15
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 11-17-15
- Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 12-2-15Phase II Bulletin and Messenger Articles 1-5-16
- Phase II Bulletin Article 2-7-16
- Feasibility Study Update Messenger Article 2-17-16
- Feasibility Study Update Bulletin Article 3-8-16
- Feasibility Study Update Bulletin Article 3-12-16
- Feasibility Study Update Bulletin Article 3-15-16
- Many Parts One Body Bulletin Article 5-28-2017