St. Gabriel Parish maintains three cemeteries:
St. Columba Cemetery - 106 Hwy. 164, Colgate, WI 53017, St. Hubert Cemetery - 3727 Hubertus Rd., Hubertus, WI 53033 and St. Mary Cemetery - 2420 Hillside Rd., Richfield, WI 53076
If you would like to purchase cemetery burial plots, please contact Celia Meyers, Director of Administrative Services, in the parish office. Parishioners and non-parishioners are free to choose from any of these cemeteries for their perpetual burial needs. The cemeteries are supported by the St. Gabriel Cemetery perpetual care fund and managed by the St. Gabriel Parish grounds and maintenance staff.
CEMETERY REGULATIONS - November 1, 2017
St. Columba Cemetery
St. Hubert Cemetery
St. Mary Cemetery
- The Cemetery Committee shall appoint three cemetery sextons/custodians and assistants. The cemetery sexton/custodian and/or the assistant shall assign cemetery lots in order to verify the status of the purchaser and that the proper fees are collected. The cemetery sexton/custodian and/or the assistant shall be responsible for the alignment of gravesites, leveling of all graves and the planting of grass as well as the alignment of grave monuments.
- The family of the deceased is permitted to plant annual flowers, if desired. No trees or shrubs are allowed on the gravesite. Flowers may be planted no more than 12 inches in front of the slab of the gravestone. Upkeep of planted flowers is the responsibility of the surviving relatives. The St. Gabriel Parish Administration and/or the respective Cemetery Sextons retain the right of removal of any and all un kept annuals, perennials and existing shrubs. Silk flowers and other ornamentation may not obstruct lawn cutting. All gravesite ornamentation will be removed and disposed of April 1st of each year.
- Each cemetery lot corner shall be staked out to the dimensions as outlined on the parish cemetery plat (4’W x 10’L) and lines established for the positioning of the grave monuments.
- Cemetery lots shall be assigned in a manner, such that the existing rows of graves shall be extended northward to the north cemetery line. The lots shall be occupied or pre-assigned in a total row prior to assigning lots in a new
- Permanent grave markers shall be placed at the gravesite within six months after burial. The monument company should contact the cemetery sexton/custodian prior to placement of the monument for proper head stone alignment.
- Registered parishioners and their spouses may purchase a cemetery plot(s) at parishioner rates. Costs of cemetery plot shall be paid upon assignment of the lot. At the time of burial, the opening and closing of grave shall be paid directly to the designated parish contractor and the specified perpetual care fee shall be remitted to St. Gabriel Parish.
- Non-parishioners and spouses may purchase a cemetery plot(s) at the time of death at a rate set by the parish. Costs of cemetery plat shall be paid upon assignment of the lot. At the time of burial, the opening and closing of grave shall be paid directly to the designated parish contractor and the specified perpetual care fee shall be remitted to St. Gabriel Parish.
- Former members of St. Gabriel Congregation shall have a non-parishioner status.
- Cemetery plots allow for one full burial with one cremation burial or two cremation burials. No more than two burials are allowed in each cemetery plot.
- Multiple burials for any plot need to be specified and arranged by the individual(s) purchasing the cemetery plot and such arrangement must be included on the plot deed. Relatives or relations of the interred will not be allowed to be buried with the interred without notarized consent from the interred. An individual receiving notarized consent from the interred will be charged the same rate for burial in the interred plot as the current plot rate specified below.
- Cemetery plots are non-transferrable. Exceptions are made at the sole discretion of St. Gabriel Parish.
- Cemetery plot rites purchases are nonrefundable. Exceptions are made at the sole discretion of St. Gabriel Parish.
- In response to Catholic concern for those in need, the pastor, together with the Director of Administration, may provide reduced or free burial space for parishioners in financial hardship.
- The foregoing regulations supersede any and all previous cemetery regulations.
Parishioner Rate: $600 Non-Parishioner Rates: $1,000
These prevailing rates are subject to change upon notification through the parish bulletin.