St. Gabriel Parish’s Prayer and Worship Committee’s mission is to ensure that the parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen their faith through a variety of prayer experiences and liturgical celebrations. It nourishes and gives direction to the liturgical aspect of our parish life. The Prayer and Worship Committee helps parishioners prepare for celebrations, such as Easter and Christmas, through private, family and parish prayers and meditations. Special activities of the Prayer & Worship Committee include:
- Eucharist Adoration ~ 2nd Wednesday of the month from 12 pm - 6 pm
- Contact Tina Strub (262)751-9933 if you would like to volunteer and spend some time with Jesus.
- Mother of Perpetual Help Devotions & Rosary ~ the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm
- First Friday Devotions ~ First Friday of the month at 7:30 am
- Evening Prayer ~ Every night, Sunday through Friday at 6:00 pm
- A Day of Reflection is offered annually for liturgical ministers
- Blessing of the Animals and The Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi ~ following a pre-determined 10:30 mass in October
- Mass of Remembrance in Memory of our Deceased Parishioners ~ A pre-determined weekend in November
- Ongoing Scripture Studies ~ See Christian Formation Tab
- Reconciliation ~ Saturdays at 3:30 pm and by appointment; Special services scheduled for Advent and Lent
This commission meets monthly, usually the third Tuesday of each month. Training and enrichment evenings are held at the parish on a regular basis for all liturgical ministries. If you are interested in giving service through liturgical ministries, learning more about the liturgical ministries or the Worship Commission, please contact the parish office.